[pure-silver] Re: FILTER FACTOR FOR #52

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 08:49:46 -0400

DEAR COR,
        I use green with b&w pan film for two different reasons:

1) It yields a wonderful effect with foliage in direct sunlight.  It
slightly darkens the sky (more subtly than red or yellow), gives green
things an "incredible lightness of being" (Tnx Mr. Kundera), and opens up
the shadows (VERY opposite of red and yellow which tend to darken shadows).
2) As Aaron mentioned, it gives something akin to, but more subtle than,
using ortho film with skin tones.  With good make up you can achieve
something like that Hurrell/Hollywood portrait look.

        I also have #55 and #61 but I find the #52 more subtle.
                CHEERS!
                        BOB