[pure-silver] Re: Developing Portra and Kodachrome in B+W chemistry

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 16:51:14 -0500

On 03/31/2012 04:49 PM, Bogdan Karasek wrote:
Hello,

I was doing inventory in my freezer and found a 35mm roll of Kodachrome 64. I
keep fantasizing this is the last roll of Kodachrome left in the world. But I
am sure there are others who still have KC hidden in the deep recesses of a
fridge somewhere. Be that as it may, I read in passing, on Apug, I think, that
KC can be developed in B+W chemistry. Any truth to the idea, and if so, what
would be the best brew?

Last week, I was also given 4 4x5 sheet film holders loaded with Porta 100. I'm
not into colour but B+W. Anyway, can the Portra also be done in B+W chemistry?
By the way, the holders were accompanied by a Graphic View I in its case and an
Ektar 203/7.7 lens mounted on the lens board.

Cheers,
Bogdan

That Ektar is a piece of junk.  Why don't you send it to me so it
doesn't clutter up your work area :)