[pure-silver] Defctive (?) 5 ltr. Xtol

  • From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pure Silver (F) (E-mail)" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:24:14 +0100

Hi,

recently I was given 2 5 ltr packages Xtol. No idea how it was stored, I guess
pretty normal, but both packeges "A" felt "caked" a bit solid, unlike my own 5
ltr package, the "A" package feels still like loose chemistry (a bit weird
description, but I hope you understand..;-)..)

Anyway when I opened  A it was indeed caked, yellow, with apperantly moisture
red paparts. It did get into the 4 litres room temp. destilled water easily,
but it was quite yellow, and adding B after allA was dissolved did not change
that, it's still pale yellow. The stock I am used to is (almosst) colourless.
So I am very reluctant to try it for anything serious. I'll see tomorrow how it
looks. Oh well as we say in dutch "you shouldn't look a given horse in the
mouth"..;-)..

Best,

Cor