[pure-silver] Re: DX Code Stickers Available?

  • From: "K W Hart" <kwhart1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 18:43:51 -0400

The last place I saw them was in the Porter's Camera Store (Cedar Falls, Iowa)
catolog. Porter's is also online. I haven't dealt with them lately, but in the
past, they have been very good. Once there was a problem with an item, and they
replaced quickly.

It's my understanding that the DX coding relies on electrical conductivity: a
couple of pins in the camera make contact with bare metal on the film can in a
combination of four (?) different places, and that tells the camera the film's
speed.

Hope this helps!
Ken Hart
kwhart1@xxxxxxxxxxxx