[pure-silver] Re: D-LOG E CURVE DRAWING PROGRAM

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 22:31:30 +0200

Bob

There is one program, which we use in for book to do just that. It¹s called
DeltaGraph and is available for Macs and Windoze. I think they have the
manual online and you can download a limited demo. I couldn¹t function
without it.

http://www.rockware.com/catalog/pages/deltagraph.html

It has the benefit of curve smoothing (far beyond Excel) and makes beautiful
output in eps or pdf, while leaving you with full control over gridlines,
ticks, customized axis and on and on and on. You can smooth data, get the
equation and take that back to Excel to play with the data if you like. I
highly recommend it, but it is not cheap.

Phil Davis¹ program is custom build but does no line smoothing, it just
connects the points. In the version I used it was also limited to 21 points,
which didn¹t work for my 31-step Stouffer, but this may have changed. It has
few output controls and doesn¹t go far beyond regular printing (forget
getting an equation from it).

As far as Excel goes, ... well it¹s a spreadsheet, not a graphing program.
It¹s OK if you just need to crunch numbers and if you are satisfied with
simple graphs.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com