[pure-silver] Clearing Polaroid 55 film

  • From: Danny Twang <dannyt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:17:23 +0200

I'v just received 40 sheets of polaroid 55 film and are eager to try some this weekend.
Will sodium bicarbonate (Baking Soda) do the trick, clearing the gel of the film, or do I have to use
sodium sulphite? The reason for asking is I can easily find sodium bicarbonate, but haven't found
sodium sulphite.
I've read about people using just plain water for clearing, but is it good enough? Will plain fix do any good?

thanks,
danny