[pure-silver] Re: Cleaning picture frame glass

  • From: "Mark Blackwell" <markb1958@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:02:24 -0400

Well for plexiglass one thing I have found that works well is Pledge furniture polish. Cleans well and fills in the minor scratches that handling causes. I double matt though when for what ever reason I do use plexiglass to make sure that the residue doesn't come in contact with the print. I haven't had a problem, but I also haven't "tested" it either. YMMV

Mark
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 2006-04-18 09:39, "Tim Rudman" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am framing an exhibition and as usual I find myself worrying about how to
clean the glass. Glass cleaners contain chemicals, commonly acids and
ammonia. I worry about their effect on the prints. Does anyone have good
information on this and what do you all do?
I clean mine using minimal amounts of glass cleaner where I must and rub as
much off as I possibly can, then leave the glass to dry off/ evaporate for a
day or two before use.
Tim