[pure-silver] Re: Cleaning Nova Clips?

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:18:44 -0500

Steven Kershaw wrote:
What are the clips made from?  As an aside though, even though it is
called a bleach step it is not what we think of as your typical household
bleaching type of substance.

The clips are almost entirely a soft (but much harder than normal
polyethylene, softer than the plastic my glasses lenses are made from)
plastic, but the pins are stainless steel.

Two clips came with my Nova, and I use one, and then wash it in very hot
water while using the other. I dry the washed one immediately with a towel
and let it finish drying while processing the next print.

I cannot imagine needing anything stronger than hot water to clean these
clips. Even if they were poorly cared for, I would think hot water and a
tooth brush would do the job.

 ^^-^^ 11:10:01 up 33 days, 3:01, 3 users, load average: 4.51, 4.45, 4.38