[pure-silver] Re: CineStill BwXX and Df96 monobath

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 18:14:04 -0700

   I am waiting for someone to try monobath processing. Grant Haist wrote a book about it and has more in his comprehensive text book "Modern Photographic Processing" meant to be an update of C.E.K Mees' book. The formula must be adjusted to the film, mostly a cut and try process, but Haist claims outstanding results.

On 5/1/2020 5:34 PM, Dana Myers wrote:

I'd blame the lockdown, but the truth is, I've always been a sucker for things like this.

CineStill's Df96 is a single-bath developer/fixer with contrast controlled by
agitation. I suspect I'll be about as happy with it as I was with Diafine 25 years
ago - works pretty well but didn't make it on my A-list - but what the heck.
I'll try souping some TMX and TMY in it, for giggles.

CineStill BwXX is Eastman Double-X 5222, daylight EI 250. Always fun to try
something new (to me) so what the heck.

Now, to figure out how to burn a few rolls in an interesting way in the
confusion of sheltering/opening.

Hoping everyone is well!

Dana  K6JQ