[pure-silver] Re: Chemical Fogging in Reversal Processing

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:10:31 -0400

The thiourea or sulfide bath acts like a fogging redeveloper and a
separate fogging bath or re-exposure to light is not required.  The only
downside to this method is that the image produced is sepia rather than
black.  For black images you need to use a fogging bath or re-exposure
along with a second developer like Dektol.

Jerry