[pure-silver] Re: Chemical Fogging in Reversal Processing

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:24:49 -0400

Funny you should ask now.  There has been a rather lengthy thread on
APUG on chemical fogging for reversal.  The only important points are
these.  Kodak now uses a separate bath for this purpose for E-6 rather
than doing it during the second development as they did for the E-4
process.  This bath consists of stannous chloride in a buffered acidic
solution of propionic acid.  This bath is used before the second
developer after a wash to remove any remaining tin salt.  There is no
reason why this bath cannot be used for B&W reversal.  I would be
tempted to just buy this product as it is ~ $13 for enough concentrate
to make 5 gal of bath.

Jerry