[pure-silver] Re: Best fixer with ABC Pyro for maximum stain?

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:06:32 -0800

They scan...

The issue I wonder about.. Photo Emulsion paper is sensitive to green,
therefore there is the extended range of printing because the PYRO leaves a
greenish cast..

ABC Pyro tends to not do this..stain looks a bit brown to me, but mostly
blackish brown...

But a Photo Scanner does not know green from puce.. It just scans.. And when
you specify B+W, I doubt there is any compensation for the greenish cast..

So PYRO or D76, your negs should scan the same.

Or so my thinking goes...

Frank Filippone

red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi!  Will pyro stained negs scan ok?  Does the stain matter