[pure-silver] Re: Bellows factor and DOF

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:09:48 +0200

Hi Rob,

I think you hit the nail on the head, it's that simple, I re-read the
manual:

"The adjusted F-number, Adjusted N, is the bellows corrected F-number.
In
this case, the original F-number, N, was 32. Allowing for the bellows
extension
produces a value of 22 9, which is not practically di(r)erent from 32.
The bellows
factor by which the shutter speed may be adjusted is shown at the top of
the
screen."

Before releasing the shutter, it is always a good idea to perform a
DOF calculation in order to check the bellows e(r)ect on the F-number
{ surprises do occur.

The DOF limits shown by the DOF programs are calculated assuming the
input N. If the Adjusted N di(r)ers practically from this N, and if the
Adjusted
N is actually used to set the shutter, it will be necessary to
recalculate the DOF
limits by inputting the Adjusted N to DOFu. Of course a doubly Adjusted
will be output, but this should be ignored."

Should have read more carefully, although I am still a bit confused
about about the statement in italic, oh well I worry too much..;-)..

Best,

Cor