[pure-silver] Re: Beautiful Photography

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 20:58:27 -0400

Bogdan Karasek wrote:

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

I consider black-and-white photography and color photography to be two
different media that happen to use the same equipment and similar
processing. These days I am more likely to lump them together as chemical
photography (that, perhaps, includes processes such as Polaroid -- I am not
sure about that). In view of the huge swing to bicycling (inside joke) --
digital photography, I think those interested in any form of chemical (wet process?) photography should unite just to keep a few black and white films
and papers, and a few color films and papers, alive.

Just because I think the two are different media (and my color work is
seriously inferior to my black and white work), that is no reason for any
particular individual to practice only one.

Hi,
What reasons are there that I should practice color???  Curious in Montreal.

I do not think anyone _should_. I just think anyone should be allowed to (as if we could prevent it anyway).

 ^^-^^ 20:55:01 up 1 day, 21:44, 3 users, load average: 4.37, 4.31, 4.28