[pure-silver] BZT/PC-TEA valid combo?

  • From: Craig Schroeder <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:57:53 -0600

Has anyone been using this restrainer on their PC-TEA?  I was following the
thread with the KBr discussion and know how hard it is to dissolve the
KBr....  I keep some 1% Benzotriazole solution in a dropper bottle and was
thinking that one alternative would be to determine a drop count for 250,
500and 1000ml tank loads when using PC-TEA.  I have been using some
automateddarkroom equipment that functions from an overall negative range
andminimum max black exposure and am finding that the less base fog I have,
the more likely I seem to be close to perfect on my first print.

Can anyone save me some failed initial tests and tell me whether they think
this would work at all and if so, some likely starting points so as to not
over-restrain the solution?