[pure-silver] Re: Anyone use these film cutters?

  • From: Matthew Gaylen <mgaylen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:25:36 -0600

I've used the Gepe pretty extensively for mounting slides, which is what I
presume you have in mind... it's not idiot proof... you can mangle 1/100 frames
if you're not careful. You kind of have to get to know it and sort of develop a
relationship with it, massage it... It's not a fool-proof workflow... sometimes
you have to go back and realign... But... it does work.

Best,

Matt

On Monday, November 14, 2005, at 08:03PM, Eric Maquiling <emaquiling@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Anyone use these and have comments on them?
>
>Gepe Illuminated film cutter
>Polaroid Slide mounter
>Kaiser Illuminated film cutter
>Unicolor Illuminated film cutter
>
>I've been using the Dr-T film cutter but the wheel is getting pretty hard to
>turn when using 35mm film.
>
>TIA!
>
>--
>
>Eric

joe suburbs the post modern hyper rural sub urban anti hero and vertiginous
surrealist