[pure-silver] Re: Agitation and Contrast

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 20:35:08 -0400

Elias Roustom wrote:
Kodak instructions: "Agitation should consist of 2 to
5cycles, depending on the contrast you need and the
type of tank."

I wonder what film and procedure they are recommending this for.

This might be common knowledge, but it hasn't trickled down to me yet...
more agitation yields more contrast?

All other things being equal, right.

It also adds grain right?

Not exactly. If you raise the contrast by agitating more, and keep
everything else equal, it will appear to have more grain. But the same grain
would result from using a contrastier paper insteat.

Type of tank?

I do not understand this question. What about a tank?

 ^^-^^ 20:30:01 up 23 days, 7:19, 3 users, load average: 4.26, 4.24, 4.25