[pure-silver] Re: Agfa Isopan ISS

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:20:47 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 9:31 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Agfa Isopan ISS

>> I have a brick of it in my freezer. 120 size. Left over
>> from my Brooks
>> Institute days, 1959-1961. I purchased a lot of this film
>> in the early
>> 60's. It is ASA 50, old fashioned film, works well in
>> Rodinal and Neofin
>> developers. Even though my film has been frozen for
>> decades, it has held
> up
>> admirably. I shoot a roll of it now and again when I feel
>> nostalgic.
>> Increased base fog is minimal. Much less than when I
>> develop 400 speed
> film
>> in my Catechol formula.
>>
>> Jim
>>

> Thanks for the info.  I didn't think it was pre-war
> because I have some Agfa
> lit from that period and it didn't list it.  These rolls
> were in my in-law's
> estate some 10 years ago and it could have been from my
> wife's plastic
> brownie from the 50s or early 60s but it could have also
> been from her dad's
> older brownie (but I think his was 640).  It has been at
> room temp at best
> for probably 40 yrs but I might try some just the same.
> The wife wants to
> put it in her plastic brownie Hawkeye which she still has.
> I might do that.
>
> Thanks again..
>
> JB

    Agfa used Isopan as a trademark for many decades. The
stuff you have is modern. Its listed in the
_Photo-Lab-Index_ for 1974 as a fine grain ASA 100 film
available in the US in 120 rolls and bulk only. The current
Agfapan 100 is its decendant. Curiously, the short Agfa
section in this issue does not have development
recommendations or curves for the film although it lists
Rodinal times for several Kodak and Ilford films.
---