[pure-silver] Re: ARISTA-EDU Ultra 100iso

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 23:05:55 -0600

On 12/21/2011 07:55 PM, Bogdan Karasek wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I need to buy some 8x10 B+W film and was wondering about the above film from
FreeStyle (sell in lots of 50 sheets, good price).

I know it is rebadged; does anyone here know what it was originally? Thanks.

Cheers,
Bogdan

Bogdan -

I've used the Arista 100 ins 6x9 cm sheets - it's decent.  However, I
much prefer the Efke 100.  The Efke shoots at a true rated ASA of 100
according my densiometeric tests and develops well in D-76,
and PMK.

The only problem with the Efke is that it has a REALLY
soft emulsion.  You have to use a hardening fixer and treat it very
carefully when wet.  But .. the stuff is really nice.  It reminds
me of the circa 1950-60s emulsions.  I have no idea if it is available
in 8x10 but Freestyle is the place to look.