[pure-silver] Re: ANY ONE CONFIRM AGFA 100-ROLLEI RETRO 100

  • From: Digitaltruth Photo <photosource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 10:14:31 +0100

The current version of Rollei Retro was cut from the original Agfa master rolls using the same 35mm triacetate base used by Agfa. It was cut at the same time as APX film and is identical. The master rolls will reach their expiry date in a couple of years, but the good news for users of APX is that Maco is going to continue production of Rollei Retro using the identical emulsion. There will be one change to the product: the triacetate base is being replaced with a synthetic material. I have not seen it yet, but I presume this is the same clear polyester base used for the other Rollei films. The new film base will be signified by a change in the name of the product to include an "S" suffix (for synthetic) so that users can distinguish which version they are buying during the transition. This change is now currently being implemented in Germany, with the "S" version being rolled out to replace diminishing stock of the 400 ISO film. I think there is still plenty of the 100 ISO version of Retro, so it may be some time before we see the S version replacing the original. We are currently restocking these items, but if anyone needs some APX or Retro just let me know.

--Jon Mided

Digitaltruth Photo
www.digitaltruth.com