[pure-silver] Re: AN Glass Effect on Sharpness

  • From: RobC <ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 23:41:06 +0100

Not all AN glass is equal. The Durst An glass for my L1200 actually throws a
pattern from the glass onto the print if I look very carefully. And that is
when it is above the neg. For sure it would reduce the quality of the print by
making it unsharp. You can call it glass but if it's under the lens then it is
a lens. I bet you wouldn't put a rough surface filter on your taking lens would
you. At least unless you wanted soft focus. Mind you, the effect may be
pleasing on some prints. Suggest you try it and see for yourself.

RobC