[pure-silver] Re: ADV: Un-spotting help please

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 08:18:10 +0000

Hi Dennis,

That's an interesting approach, I have this great negative which I stupidly
damaged because I tray processed it with 3 other negatives: scratches (it was
Fomapan 100, a soft emulsion to begin with, and I am not an expert on tray
processing). I spotted the negative on the base side with the finest Kolinski
brush (OO I believe) and a low power stereo microscope, and even than I was not
exact enough, ie I had to spot on the print, but at least it became a white
line.

So your approach is to take a scalpel and "damage" the base side (non emulsion
side) of the negative, right ?

I should give it a try on a discarded negative !

Thanks,

Cor