Re: RE: RE: Plextalk Pocket

  • From: "John McCann" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:56:15 -0400

I have the Book Port Plus, which also uses the 5.03 firmware, though that
firmware was modified to incorporate the APH recorder program, as I
understand it.

Anyway, there is no 24-hour setting for the Book Port Plus.  After you enter
the hour and minutes with four digits, you must use the arrow keys on either
side of the round play button to designate AM or PM.  I believe the PTR2 did
allow for a 24-hour setting, but apparently that wasn't brought forward to
the Plextalk pocket.  I know there are differences between the Plextalk
pocket and the Book Port Plus, but I don't think that APH would have
deliberately removed the capacity for announcing time in 24-hour mode if
that mode were available in the native version of the 5.03 firmware.

John