RE: PT pocket playback playback

  • From: "Dean Martineau" <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 22:44:28 -0800

Unfortunately, as others have stated, speech compression is poor.  This is
terribly unfortunate, because this is a nice machine, a very good recorder,
and well-designed externally.  But it achieves its speech compression by
clipping the phonemes from the sound file.  At speeds which I could
theoretically listen with understanding, that is, the stream is playing at a
speed which, with decent speech compression, I could understand, the PTP1 is
unusable.

Dean