RE: Can the PRS software make "unique" Daisy books Mp3 files?

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 14:17:55 -0000

Hi Jeff,

I'm not entirely sure that I understand your problem here, so please shoot
me down if I've got it wrong.

Firstly, if you are using the PRS to generate your DAISY title, and you wish
to use it on a player other than a Plextalk one that can cope with the
unbuilt book, then you have to run the "Build Book" feature as this
finalises the book for playback on these other types of player.  Even if you
are planning to use it on other Plextalk players that can read the unbuilt
books, it is good practice (unless you plan to do more editing) to finalise
the book with the Build Book feature.

I'm not certain of this but it is my belief that when you run the build book
process, it uses a combination of the book Title, the Identifier and the
date and time of the book creation to uniquely recognised the title by all
DAISY players.  Hence, when you then play these titles on any DAISY player,
it should allow the playing position to be recognised uniquely for each
book.

If you haven't come across the fields for the identifier, title etc, have a
look under the Options menu and find the item called Book Information.

Hopefully that should sort out your issue.

Jamie