Re: Can the PRS software make "unique" Daisy books Mp3 files?

  • From: Jeff Samco <jsamco@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 15:04:30 -0800

Yes, one can import MP3 files into the PRS to create a Daisy book. One can then perform various actions like setting and removing headings, set heading levels, split, merge and delete phrases, etc.

If I use my Pocket to listen to one of my created daisy books then no further creation is needed. But, for playing in the NLS DTBM I need to do the "Build Book" function. But, the NLS DTBM sees all such built books the same way in terms of remembering last location. So, I'm wonderring if there is a way to have each Daisy book created with a unique identifier recognizable by the DTBM.

Jeff

At 01:49 PM 3/2/2012, you wrote:
Are you saying you can make an MP3 file on another device? And run it in the Plextalk software on the computer to make the book?

George

In a message dated 3/2/2012 3:53:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, jsamco@xxxxxxx writes:
I will often take MP3 files and run them through the Plextalk PRS
software to get better navigation for playing on my NLS DTBM.
However, when I leave off in the middle of one title and switch to
another I am placed at the same location in the new title as I left
in the previous title. Of course, I can place specific bookmarks to
work around this. But, I'm wondering if there is a way of making
each title unique in the way the NLS DTBM sees these Daisy books.

Thanks,
Jeff

No virus found in this message.