[pskmail] Re: saw the N5ALE server

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:56:55 -0600

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the offer. I have the client set up on a Compaq Armada E500 laptop but I'm having an issue with the sound card. It worked great as a client last summer when I was running Mandriva 2006. Since I went to Mandriva 2007, I have had problems with the sound card. Mandriva would no longer see the card but alsaconf got it recognized and I can transmit with it but not receive. I've worked a lot with the mixer to be sure something wasn't turned down or muted. I've also followed the Thinkpad troubleshooting on the pskmail wiki. I tried Per's live CD but it wouldn't see the sound card either. I'll get there eventually.

Thanks again and 73,
Fred - wb5con

David Vrona wrote:
Fred,
If you need help with the client install, let me know. I don't know if you are installing on an existing UNIX install or not. I have started editing the client install instructions for existing linux installations but it looks like there is a good chance Per will change the fldigi version which will simplify things. dave
n9qnz

On 1/31/07, *Fred Reiselt* <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I saw the N5ALE beacon this afternoon at 1702Z and 1802Z on
    14.076. The
    machine I am using is currently set up as a server so I could not try
    and connect. Will get a client running soon and give it a try.

    73,
    Fred - WB5CON

11:30 PM