[pskmail] Re: connect

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 10:31:43 +0200

Hi Andrea,

in order to reach your mail the server needs to know where to get it from.
So it needs:
- your pop account
- your user id
- your pop password
also to send mail from the server it needs to know the return mail address.
If you want to send positions to findu.com in connected mode it also needs to
know your findu password...
In unproto (beacon) mode a password is not needed.

There are 3 ways to tell the server your 'data base record':
1. Send the data to the sysop of the server so it can be added manually
2. Goto www.pskmail.org and enter the data at the web form (ask for a password
if yo wnat to do this)
3. Send the data to the server by radio. (Edit->Mail options, Edit->update
server).

Every server has its own data base, so it is up to you which server needs your
data.
If you do it via the website you create a central record for every server
connected to the backbone.
More info on www.pskmail.org.

Hope this is more clear now:)

73,