[pskmail] checkboxes and extra fields in config

  • From: kd7tkq@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:42:53 -0800 (PST)

I apologise if this info is covered on the wiki or elsewhere (if "elsewhere",
where?) but I've not been able to find it:

In the "client configuration data" dialog (edit/configuration), there are three
checkboxes near the top:
debug, monitor, and raw blocks. What are they used for?  I assume they should
be left unchecked for normal use.

Also, below those, but above where the "logfile" path is entered, there are two
unamed blank fields where strings could be entered. What are these for? I again
assume they can and should normally be left empty.

 - Mike

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail
in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And
radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them
there. The only difference is that there is no cat.  --Albert Einstein,
describing radio.