[pskmail] GPS integration?

  • From: kd7tkq@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:32:47 -0800 (PST)

Is there a way to get data grom a GPS automatically into pskmail? Or myst
lat/lon be entered manually for location reporting?

I ask because of the nice photo of the eeePC on the wiki, showing the APRS
screen with no only the lat/lon displayed, but also the heading and speed. How
was this accomplished? I would love to see GPS integration some time in the
future - if not totally automatically, at least a simple way to click a button
to fetch the data from a connected GPS receiver.

 - Mike

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail
in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And
radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them
there. The only difference is that there is no cat.  --Albert Einstein,
describing radio.