[pskmail] Some questions on 10147 servers

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 09:56:05 +0200

With increasing of number of clients and good propagation I can see a
problem on 10147.

My QTH is in north of Italy and I can heard IS0GRB, SM0RWO, PI4TUE,
DL9YCS and, sometime, more servers.
My TX power is now 20W and I can connect to all the above servers.

Each server don't hear all other so I get beacon, QSL and other
response overlapped.

When connected with a server, last evening with IS0GRB, a transmission
from another server switch Fldigi from PSK500R to PSK125R and I lost a
partially overlapped transmission from IS0GRB.
Correctly this server re-transmit last  info but with a PSK250R RSID.
And in this re-transmission there was another server TX, Fldigi lost
to switch to PSK250R and so on.

Finally I get a connection with THOR for a good link that was working
at PSK500R speed.

Is this correct? Is correct the choice of a "standard frequency" for
beacon, QSL and connect mode?

Regards
Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW