[pskmail] Re: Some questions on 10147 servers

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 12:14:56 +0200

2011/5/13 Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The basic idea is to have 1 standard frequency for APRS beacons, messages
> etc.,
> and another frequency for connected mode.

Yes, this is the basic idea.

From server list I can listen:

PI4TUE (sometime) -> summoning
SM0RWO -> no QSY --- 4 freq
IS0GRB (sometime) -> summoning + 2 freq
DL9YCS -> no QSY
DK4XI-3 -> no QSY
S54F44-3 - > no QSY
9A1CRA -> no QSY

So I can start a session using one of different frequencies for SM0RWO
(I use it on 20 meters) or, only with Pi4TUE and IS0GRB, starting at
10147 and changing to a new freq.

If you listen on 10147 the major part of connected session is on this freq.

Perhaps we need more use of summoning and more server able to do this.
It can be simpler for server if summonig can be done in same band (no
antenna change, no tuner change, etc.). There is a "accepted range"
for freq change in each summoning server?

Regards
Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW