[pskmail] Re: Server acking an APRS message??

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 20:41:43 +0100

>       PSKMail1.0 Working fine as a client but have a newbie query:
>
>       Entering WB5CON in the APRS box I get the screen print that I
> believe is normal:
>
> TX (2008-11-17 16:04Z): <US><SOH>00uW8MCH:26 WB5CON{022AF8<EOT>
>
> RX (2008-11-17 16:04Z): <US><SOH>QSL W8MCH de WB5CON<EOT>

This is the normal QSL for APRS text messages

A typical message would be:
PA0R This is my message

When WB5CON QSL's the message the server will put the message on APRS backnone
on
the internet.

When I am linked to PI4TUE that server will output the message and I will
receive it.

To receive these pskmail messages you must be linked to a server (otherwise ALL
servers
world-wide would TX the message, and that is not what we want...)

>       Entering a message; I, typically, print the following:
>

> TX (2008-11-17 16:17Z): <US><SOH>00uW8MCH:25 iamw8mch@xxxxxxxxxxx How is this
> acked?? Hal
> TX (2008-11-17 16:17Z): 4744<EOT>
>
> RX (2008-11-17 16:17Z): <US><SOH>00uWB5CON:71 055E<EOT>

This is the regular QSL for email messages. WB5CON has receveided the email
o.k.,
whether the nail has been sent is a matter of
a) the right configuration of the SMTP server WB5CON is using
b) whether verizon,net accepts the email for you.

Fred can see in the server screen if the SMTP server was sent...

>       No "QSL" like the other, so can I presume that seeing port 71
> listed means the server got the message OK??

Yes, exactly. See above.

>       Checking the servers web site has been inconclusive due to
> propogation and the fact he copies me OK but doesn't always transfer the
> message to the INet.. TIA!! I'm learning. HI..

Not always, or never? Once is enough to see if the smtp server config is o.k.

Hope this helps, 73,

Rein PA0R

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com