[pskmail] Ready in the USA

  • From: "Steven Pituch" <list3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:51:31 -0600

Hi all,
I think I am ready for some testing.  I know that's hard to believe, even
for me, but I put another monitor on the Linux PC and finally found a loose
connection in the audio to the radio.  I've even got the audio modulation to
the radio adjusted.

I don’t know much but I have done a lot of regular Psk31 before.  My only
question is when someone says they are going to transmit on a frequency, say
14.075, is that what I put my transceiver dial on, or do I add the audio
offset.  In my case I am using a 1500 Hz offset because I will be using my
K2's rtty filters which have all been centered on 1500 Hz, so I think I need
to set the transceiver to 14.076.5.

If anyone in the US is putting up a server, I will listen and try to ping
the frequency.  I will also try to ping the servers in Europe if I know
whether to add the audio offset in.

Regards,
Steve Pituch, W2MY
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA