[pskmail] Re: Pskmail mode comparison.

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 17:08:41 +0100

Excellent info Rein.
I dont have the same extensive test experience but I have been watching
your tests "live" on my web monitor page. It seems to me that almost
every APRS pos beacon is acked by my server when we run PSK125. It
didn't use to be that way when using PSK63 and gMFSK. It could actually
be the work of several factors here, fldigi has a much faster AFC than
gMFSK and that helps get acquisition of the signal faster and with less
starting errors.

I guess we should say that we tried Dominoex with a "manual" qso as well
as some link attempts on 80 meters. I got a rather poor first impression
of the mode and we had serious problems getting even a single aprs pos
message through (we did in the end but not many).

In all I agree that PSK125 works as well as and in fact probably better
than PSK63. I will change the scan here to only use PSK125 and wait for
a better implementation of Dominoex.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

--
Pär Crusefalk