[pskmail] Re: Plese educate me

  • From: Josh Housey <kg9bo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:37:40 -0700 (PDT)

Robert,

I will answer your questions... If I have any parts incorrect or needs to be
clarified, please correct.

First question is yes, its a link request to a server.

Second is that those are coming over the "net". If I understand right, all
connections with PSKMail are designed for some "routing" capability that
exists/or is being planned.

Third, it may be different, but the way that I upgrade is simply extracting the
version and running the install.sh located at "pskmail-server-1.0.48 (which
version is extracted)/scripts". It copies all of the binaries over and
"upgrades" it. I think it retains nearly all the files (some of it is removed
as far as I understand). freqs.txt is removed but the config file
"pskmailrc.pl" remains..

Lastly, look for your pskmailrc.pl file and find the line that states "Period".
Yours is probably set for "60". Change it to 10. This may be a matter of
opinion, but set the "beacon array" also for option as {1 0 0 0 0 }. The way
you have it set your beacon will go off at every 10 minutes and then off every
consecutive minute afterwards and repeats.

73
Josh, AB9FT