[pskmail] Re: Email

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 05:57:38 +1000

Glenn,

What do the server log say when it sends the email?
It may contain clues about the problem.

Most of the time it s related to:

A) user name (may need to contain the whole domain as well like in
xyz@xxxxxxxxx which in the server's config file needs to be written as xyz\@
myisp.com)

B) Authentication method. It is coded as $smtpauthlevel in the config file
with from memory 0 being no authorization, 1 plain text and 2 encrypted.

C) wrong password (if used as defined in B above) or wrong smtp address of
the mail server.

A new one on my side too is that my ISP now requires that I check for
emails before sending. I haven't worked this one out yet.

73, John