[prssr-devel-ml] Trouble: zlib.dll overwrites system file and it causes problem

  • From: "Yoshinori IKARASHI" <yoosee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:12:20 +0900

Hello,

I met a trouble with latest pRSSreader, 1.3.2. This version has zlib feature.

Added: zlib for receiving content in gzipped format (needed for correct working of Skweezer)

My WinCE device; W-ZERO3[es] (it's Japanese smartphone provided by SHARP and WILLCOM. Running on Windows Mobile 5.0 for PocketPC) has \Windows\zlib.dll on it's ROM by default. And pRSSreader 1.3.2 overwrites it. Because of this, some pre-installed applications doesn't work correctly.

I moved it from \Windows\ to \Program Files\pRSSreader\. Pre-installed
apps work fine but pRSSreader.exe cannot be executed. Does someone
have any solution about this?

-- yoosee