I have no memory leaks on my device, thus hard to debug for me :(((
I did some exploration on memory allocations and: - as I found out, is it not good idea to use malloc/calloc memory allocation functions on Win CE - libexpat is using them -> need to be patched - and in some places (only 2 occurences) these functions are also used in pRSSreader's core.
I will made fixes for 1.3.2 beta (which is almost ready) and we'll see the result, do not forget to test the memory leaks then, please. And definitely report the results. It is very nasty thing when the application eats all of your memory.
Aha! This would certainly explain why pRSSr mysteriously often "goes away" when I perform an update. WM has run out of memory and automatically closed it.
On 6/8/06, Konstantin Taran <tarank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > David, > I have some RSS channels which set up with caching of on-line news > content (approx.20). > Memory stats: > - before launching of pRSSr: 16,39 Mb of Program memory is used > - pRSSr is started: 17,35 Mb is used > > then I'm starting of update of the channels.. > > - after updating: 30,32 Mb is used > - after pRSSr is closed: 27,16 Mb is used > > So, as you can see before the start of pRSSr there were 16, 39Mb and > after closing of pRSS there are 27,16 Mb. Around of 11Mb are leaked. > > pRSSreader 1.3.1 in storage > cache folders are on the SD card.. > -- > pRSSreader development mailing list > prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml > > >
-- Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org) im:hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://halr9000.com -- pRSSreader development mailing list prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml
-- pRSSreader development mailing list prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml