[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Memory leaks during the update with caching

  • From: "David Andrs" <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:49:52 +0200

I have no memory leaks on my device, thus hard to debug for me :(((

I did some exploration on memory allocations and:
- as I found out, is it not good idea to use malloc/calloc memory
allocation functions on Win CE
- libexpat is using them -> need to be patched
- and in some places (only 2 occurences) these functions are also used
in pRSSreader's core.

I will made fixes for 1.3.2 beta (which is almost ready) and we'll see
the result, do not forget to test the memory leaks then, please. And
definitely report the results. It is very nasty thing when the
application eats all of your memory.

--
David

On 6/9/06, Hal Rottenberg <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Aha!  This would certainly explain why pRSSr mysteriously often "goes
away" when I perform an update.  WM has run out of memory and
automatically closed it.