[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Memory leaks during the update with caching

  • From: "Hal Rottenberg" <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 22:52:52 -0400

Aha!  This would certainly explain why pRSSr mysteriously often "goes
away" when I perform an update.  WM has run out of memory and
automatically closed it.

On 6/8/06, Konstantin Taran <tarank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David,
I have some RSS channels which set up with caching of on-line news
content (approx.20).
Memory stats:
- before launching of pRSSr: 16,39 Mb of Program memory is used
- pRSSr is started: 17,35 Mb is used

then I'm starting of update of the channels..

- after updating: 30,32 Mb is used
- after pRSSr is closed: 27,16 Mb is used

So, as you can see before the start of pRSSr there were 16, 39Mb and
after closing of pRSS there are 27,16 Mb. Around of 11Mb are leaked.

pRSSreader 1.3.1 in storage
cache folders are on the SD card..

Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx