[projectaon] Re: web account request

  • From: James Durrant <james.durrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:25:05 +0000

Hi Antoine

I have already requested an account for you based on your previous message -
hopefully you've received that reply?

I take it you are now happily registered on the mailing list, so you should
begin to see the various book updates etc :)

Welcome to the group and I look forward to working with you to produce the
interface you describe.

All the best

James.

From: gagnonantoine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[projectaon] web account requestDate: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:26:35 +0000

Hi, I'd like to know what are the steps that I need to take to have a web
account. I'm planning to create an online reader based on your published
editions of the LW books. I'm answering a "call for programmers" made in the
forum :
http://projectaon.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=generalsoftware&action=display&thread=1203504999
 Of course this web account is not deeded immediately as I can create local
version for development in my own PC and publish it into the webaccount once
the software is in beta stage. However, I'd like to know what technologies are
available in your web server (asp, asp.net, silverlight, php, mysql, etc.)
Knowing that I can start developing. My main idea is to have people create an
"account" in which they can save all their ongoing games on the server (either
in a database or in plain files). The game pages would be interactive and based
on the published books' XML data as well as other helper data that I would
write especially for the program. It would be a completely automated LW
experience & the software would be able to do all game actions (combats,
pick-up/drop objects, sections selection, usage of disciplines, etc.) Thanks
for any info and/or advice!Antoine Gagnon