[projectaon] Re: downloads

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon List <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, shroyer25@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 12:06:51 -0800

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 9:06 AM,  <pamail.cgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form
>    From: Timmy shroyer25@xxxxxxxxx
>    Date: 17:06:29 on Tuesday, February 4, 2014
> Subject: downloads
>
> It seems as though my computer doesn't have the proper program to read the
> zip file books. What do I need to do this, and where do I get it? I ask
> because I may be losing my internet service soon, and I REALLY want to work
> my way through these series (have wanted to for around 23 years).

Greetings,

Most operating systems have a built-in way to open ZIP files so try
double-clicking on them, but if this isn't the case, my recommendation
is to use 7-zip which is made for Windows but has some unofficial
downloads for other systems.

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

If you need more guidance to get this to work, please let me know.

Also download the Base Package which makes it easier to access the books:

http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/BasePackage

Once you have extracted the files from the book and base package ZIP
files into a folder of your choice, you need to open the file named
index.htm in your web browser (e.g. Firefox). That's it.

I hope that helps. Let me know if I haven't been clear.

For Sommerlund and the Kai!

Jonathan Blake