[projectaon] Re: The Lone Wolf Poster Painting Book

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, adrian.jankowiak@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:48:54 +0000

On 10/12/2009 09:07, pamail.cgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form
    From: Adrian
    Date: 09:07:22 on Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subject: The Lone Wolf Poster Painting Book

Hello!
can you please explain how the pages in the "Lone Wolf Poster Painting Book"
were originally
arranged. Was the included sheet with the painting-competition originally in
A4-size and on 1 or 2
pages?
Is it possible to arrange the sites if one would print them all on A3-sized
paper?
Thanks very much in advance and kind regards
Adrian

Hi Adrian

The Lone Wolf Poster Painting Book is approximately 245mm wide by 310mm high, so a double-page spread is not quite A3-sized (297 x 420mm), but A3 is the closest to the original size using recognised international paper sizes.

Using the 1-page edition of the book available on our site:

The front cover is shown as it appears in the original book, as a double-page spread with the title on the right-hand side;

We've placed the Title Page next, though this has been 'reversed' so that it makes more sense--so the "Title page" has been placed on the left and the "Painting Instructions" on the right. On the actual piece of paper in the book, these are printed the other way around;

The Posters: This two-page spread is shown as it appears in the book. To make more sense, we have placed them after the Title Page. In the book, these appear on the rear of the front cover. So, "The Conjuration" instructions appear on the inside of the front cover;

The posters are shown in the order in which they appear in the book.

To make The Lone Wolf Poster Painting Book appear identically to the original edition, the pages would be:

=======================

Page 1: Front Cover
Page 2: Inside Front Cover (The Posters [The Conjuration, etc.])
Page 3: Title Page
Page 4: Rear of Title Page (Blank)
Page 5: Rear of "Ogrons in Ambush" left-hand side (Blank)
Page 6: Ogrons in Ambush (left-hand side)
Page 7: Rear of "A Busy Street in Tyso" left-hand side (Blank)
Page 8: "A Busy Street in Tyso" (left-hand side)
Page 9: Rear of "Kraan Attack" left-hand side (Blank)
Page 10: "Kraan Attack" (left-hand side)
Page 11: Rear of "A Durenese Knight" (Blank)
Page 12: "A Durenese Knight"
Page 13: Rear of "The Conjuration" left-hand side (Blank)
Page 14: "The Conjuration" (left-hand side)
Page 15: Rear of "Noodnics" left-hand side (Blank)
Page 16: "Noodnics" (left-hand side)
Page 17: Rear of "The Battle of Holmgard" left-hand side (Blank)
Page 18: "The Battle of Holmgard" (left-hand side)
Page 19: "The Battle of Holmgard" (right-hand side)
Page 20: Rear of "The Battle of Holmgard" right-hand side (Blank)
Page 21: "Noodnics" (right-hand side)
Page 22: Rear of "Noodnics" right-hand side (Blank)
Page 23: "The Conjuration" (right-hand side)
Page 24: Rear of "The Conjuration" right-hand side (Blank)
Page 25: "A Mounted Drakkar"
Page 26: Rear of "A Mounted Drakkar" (Blank)
Page 27: "Kraan Attack" (right-hand side)
Page 28: Rear of "Kraan Attack" right-hand side (Blank)
Page 29: "A Busy Street in Tyso" (right-hand side)
Page 30: Rear of "A Busy Street in Tyso" right-hand side (Blank)
Page 31: Ogrons in Ambush (right-hand side)
Page 32: Rear of "Ogrons in Ambush" right-hand side (Blank)
Page 33: Rear of "Painting Instructions" left-hand side (Blank)
Page 34: Painting Instructions
Page 35: Inside Front Cover (The Posters [Ogrons in Ambush, etc.])
Page 36: Rear Cover

As you can see, sixteen of the 36 pages are actually blank. We took the decision to remove the blank pages and just have the pages with content on them as this is much easier to follow in a PDF file.

The Competition is not part of the original book, though it was distributed with it. It was printed on an A4-sized page, and was just inserted into the book (i.e. it was not attached to the book's binding). One side had the competition rules on it, the other side had the small reproduction of "Noodnics" on it. Again, as we had elected to use A3-sized paper for the book, we placed both halves of the competition on one sheet of paper.

It should be possible to print and bind the book using the PDF file; the only difference will be the Title Page/Painting Instructions, though this is a very small difference from the original.

Phew! I hope this helps and explains why we produced the PDF file the way we did and shows how to assemble the printed pages as close to the original book as possible.