[projectaon] The Inscrutable Trevor Newton

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:08:38 +0000

Hi all

No news whatsoever on the Trevor Newton front, I'm afraid. I received no reply from Random House, even using the E-mail address supplied by Joe Dever. Things are getting desperate.

I went to my local library the other day and asked for some help tracking down our missing illustrator. They couldn't find any web presence (no surprises there), but they did give me a postal address for Red Fox/Random House . . . and also a telephone number.

Would anyone with a good telephone manner, and an enthusiastic and persuasive mien, like to try contacting Red Fox this way? It's really unlikely they'll give out any contact details for Trevor Newton, but they might be able to pass on (a) details of his agent, if he has one; (b) a contact name within the Random House Group who will definitely deal with this if we send something in writing/E-mail. Knowing a name usually helps (though not the one Joe supplied us with, but still!).

Of course, anyone with Charisma 17+ might be able to wheedle some contact details out of them, but it'd be a bad idea to push that line of enquiry too far.

Me? I hate talking on telephones. Always have. Brr!

If anyone feels capable of this, please post to the list and I will see about putting together a brief "information pack" of what we know about Mr Newton's work.