[projectaon] Last of 25totw errata

  • From: Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon List <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:16:37 -0700

(er)    282:    Darklord fortress of Kaag -> Darkland fortress of Kaag [SD]

Well, it was built by the Darklords.

(er)    293:    With weapon poised, -> With your weapon poised, [SD: OR:
Weapon poised,]

It sounds OK to me.

(er)    294, 300, 348:  [SD: Remove references to book and edit to reflect
online edition.]

I'm not sure what this is referring to, but something about 300 and
348 is odd. The riddle doesn't instruct the reader to turn to the
section corresponding to their answer. Instead it says "If you think
you know the solution to this question, that is the same as your
answer." Granted we won't have many first time readers beginning at
25, but this seems pretty cryptic if you don't know the drill.

(er)    315:    dirty grey -> dirty, grey

Maybe the water is a dirty grey. :) In any case, color adjectives
aren't usually separated by commas, and in this particular case, it
doesn't change the meaning much, does it?

(er)    315:    patrol of sour-faced Drakkarim march -> patrol of sour-faced
Drakkarim marches

Debatable, but I'd agree. If ever a group acts like one entity,
marching together would certainly qualify.

(er)    320:    grim grey vista -> grim, grey vista

See note on 315 about "dirty grey".

(er)    324:    Angered, and in pain, this -> Angered and in pain this

"Angered and in pain, this"

(er)    337:    You draw back the rod and then -> You draw back the rod, and
then [SD: to avoid a long sentence]

Original: "You draw back the rod and then release your straining
bowstring and send it arcing down the stairwell towards the advancing
enemy troops."

How about this? "You draw back the rod, release your straining
bowstring, and send it arcing down the stairwell towards the advancing
enemy troops."

Although does "it" refer to the rod or the bowstring? :)

(ft)    35:     Can you reclaim your Dargorse Buds?

No. :)

(ft)    93, 273:        Erase the Iron Key from your Action Chart.
(ft)    176 338:        Erase the Copper Key from your Action Chart.

176 specifically has you repocket the key. Unless there is a gameplay
reason for this (neither key is used again in later books), I don't
think it matters much either way. I think we can leave well enough
alone.

I agree with the following.

~~~~~
(er)    282:    hiss and rumble of active volcanoes lends -> hiss and rumble
of active volcanoes lend
(er)    282:    Nadziranim sorcerers -> Nadziran sorcerers (cf. 18dotd
Section 164 Errata)
(er)    341:    thin velvet -> thin, velvet
(er)    320:    nadziranim -> Nadziranim (jb: already fixed)
(er)    350:    next exciting Lone Wolf adventure -> next exciting New Order
adventure [SD: or words to that effect. Remember, we’re not LW any
more!]
~~~~~