[projectaon] Just when I thought it was safe to print out and bind a copy of The Magnamund Companion.

  • From: "OToole L" <L.OToole@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:42:00 -0000

Simon Osborne ominously (foolishly? :-) wrote:
>There'll be so many fixes in these updates that I don't think
>anyone will spot any more afterwards! (Famous last words . . .)

TMC, page 46, the last line of 'Setting-up': "(see 'Hidden Counters')"
-> "(see 'Hidden Loot Counters')."

There are two corrections here. The first is the word 'Loot' to give
consistency with the corresponding section heading on page 47. The
second is the full-stop.

While I'm mailing, I might as well chip in my own ramblings on the
monastery/Monastery discussion. I can imagine saying "St. Michael's
Church" (uppercase 'C') and "the church down the road" (lowercase 'c')
to describe the same building. That said, the following comment made me
think.

Thomas Wolmer wrote:
>To be fair, capitalized standalone "Monastery" starts appearing a few
>times per book with book 16 (although of course this may be OCR
>errors left in the later XMLs that are not yet edited). It's still a
>minority though.

Maybe this is because for much of the preceding time the word
'monastery' was inappropriate and 'smoking ruin' was a more accurate
description, and it only became "The Monastery" after Lone Wolf rebuilt
it and it started taking in new recruits!?

Cerulean