[projectaon] Re: Forum Post

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:08:55 +0100

On 27/04/2010 17:21, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Simon Osborne<outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Is there any benefit to the proposed changes over what we have other
than touching fewer sections?

No, the only 'benefit' would be that it is closer to the original text (i.e.
there are fewer 'big' changes from the original text). My personal take is
that our existing correction is just as good; but it seemed a good idea to
raise this with the list rather than presuming to speak for the whole
project. (On this issue, anyway!)

Actually, although we make more changes to the original text than the French
edition, we remove a pointless linear movement from 282 ->  295 ->  236.

If there's no clear, decisive benefit, then I'm leaning toward leaving
things as they are.

Agreed. Since everyone with an opinion seems to be in agreement, I've just posted as much. Wonder if there are any other fixes in the French-language editions.