[projectaon] Re: Forum Post

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:28:30 +0100

On 26/04/2010 20:58, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Simon Osborne<outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 24/04/2010 18:14, Benjamin I Krefetz wrote:

Only problem I see is that if we make his suggested correction to 282,
section 236 becomes unreachable.

That's what I originally thought, but if Section 295 is 'as per original
version', it leads directly to 236 instead of a choice between 207 and 224.
Since the poster was kind enough to post a semi-official fix to the problems
surrounding these files, it would be good to have some kind of "official"
comment as to whether we plan to implement the French-language edition's
fixes, or whether we are happy with our original fixes, or whatever. I just
don't know what the response should be.>_<

Is there any benefit to the proposed changes over what we have other
than touching fewer sections?

No, the only 'benefit' would be that it is closer to the original text (i.e. there are fewer 'big' changes from the original text). My personal take is that our existing correction is just as good; but it seemed a good idea to raise this with the list rather than presuming to speak for the whole project. (On this issue, anyway!)

Actually, although we make more changes to the original text than the French edition, we remove a pointless linear movement from 282 -> 295 -> 236.