[projectaon] Book 16 Korlinium Scabbard

  • From: John TFS <johntfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 15:29:19 +0000

In Section 150 of Book 16
http://www.projectaon.org/en/xhtml/lw/16tlov/sect150.htm you are penalized 3
points if you have the Sommerswerd.  I would like to request that we edit that
section to say:

"Also, if you possess a Runic Disc, add 1; if you possess the Sommerswerd,
deduct 3 unless you also have the Korlinium Scabbard with you; and for every
rank you have attained above that of Kai Grand Guardian, add 1."

Let's recall that the whole reason you got the Korlinium Scabbard in Book 12
was to shield the Sommerswerd (and thus LW) from detection by the Darklords.
It should reasonably serve the same purpose here by removing the penalty you
would incur in this section.

We also need to remember that we were the ones who decided that the Silver
Bracers and Korlinium Scabbard should be available in book 14-16 (Joe Dever had
put them in Book 13, left them out of books 14-16, then restored them for books
17-20).

I submit that we should either remove the Korlinium Scabbard from books 14-16
(and, honestly, from the list of items you can carry over from the Kai and
Magnakai series in all the books since you eventually get other chances at
getting it in Books 17 and 20 and to my knowledge it has no effect in Book 13)
or account for the effect that it would have on this section (by shielding the
Sommerswerd from detection).