[projectaon] 28thos errata

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon List <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 11:38:13 -0700

(er) 137: If you wish to attempt to stop him with your Bow [jc: What
if you do not possess a Bow?]

Well, the obvious answer is that you have to chase the Autarch. My
question is whether we should reword this to make it seem not to
assume you have a bow. What if we change it like this?

Original: If you wish to attempt to stop him with your Bow, turn to 65.

Suggestion: If you wish to attempt to stop him with a Bow, turn to 65.

(er) 144: improved weapon skill -> Weaponmastery
[or, "improved [W|w]eaponskill"]

I agree if only because "weapon skill" can be confused with "Weaponskill".

(er) 148: Javain Bandit [jc: Javai Bandit, or Javaian Bandit]

I probably spent too much time researching this one. I agree that
"Javain" doesn't seem quite right. I found a few real world place
names that end in -ai to see if there was a pattern
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_adjectival_and_demonymic_forms_of_place_names):

Oiniadai -> Oiniadan
Chennai -> Chennaite
Mumbai -> Mumbaikar
Shanghai -> Shanghainese
Tournai -> Tournaisian

Not much help there, but I kind of like the sound of "Javainese". We
have used Chai/Chaian elsewhere in this and the preceding book
although the author never did. Maybe we should go with "Javaian" to be
consistent with that.

(er) 172, 225: weapon -> Kai Weapon

Agreed just so it's absolutely clear that you're not dropping a regular weapon.

(er) 187: Papers of State -> papers of state
[so: This is probably correct, since it is referring to specific legal
documents.]

I can see a problem where this may confuse a player into thinking this
is an item that can be picked up. I don't think we lose much by making
this change although I'm not sure how much we gain either. It wouldn't
be a huge problem if players carry around "Papers of State" in their
Backpack. I lean toward making this change.

(er) 188, 231: “You launch a Mindblast at the warrior” [sd: I just
don’t think this flows well grammatically… maybe “You launch a
Mindblast pulse at the warrior”, or words to that effect, something to
describe the nature of the attack, rather than just call it “a
Mindblast”]

This is used a few times in the books. The Improved Disciplines
sections also has the phrase "more so than a usual Kai-surge,
Psi-surge, or Mindblast". I think this usage is pretty well
established by the author.